Thursday, May 22, 2008

She's Here! Welcome Libby



Well, it finally happened! Friday the 16th I sent Blake off to go camping with the scouts, then planned a nice evening of planting flowers and watching the Jazz game, instead my water broke two hours after I said goodbye to Blake. I am an idiot and wasn't real sure of what was really happening even when the nurse said get to the hospital ASAP. I didn't want to alarm my mother or Blake until I knew for sure this was the real deal. I called my little brother, Jordan-22, to take me to the hospital he panicked and made it over to take me immediatly, on his Harley! I suggested we take the car, it's a nicer ride. Justin-19, then showed up and was ready to attend the party as well. Once at the hospital the nurses reassured me that I really should try and call my husband and that this was for real. Between contractions,I called my mom and by some miracle Blake got reception in the mountains and they headed to the hospital. I should note that the scouts drove as far as they could and then hiked the last two miles into their camp. Blake had just set everything up when he got my brothers phone call. By then it was dark, so Blake loaded up his gear, put on his head lamp and ran like he had never run before! He made just after I had my epideral and for the last 10 min. of the Jazz losing. The Dr was sure that I would have Libby very fast, but instead she hung in there until 6:13 AM Sat. the 17th. I couldn't complain considering my actual due date was the 26th.
Libby weighed 7 lbs 4 oz, is beautiful, healthy and has more dark hair then her dad! We are completely in love with her. I am super tired, but it's super worth it!!

11 comments:

Doug and Marilyn said...

Oh I'm so glad you are doing good! I absolutely love this sweet Libby. Her hair is the best I've ever seen :) What a crazy story...I'm glad Blake made it and that you went early. Can't wait to see all of you. Congrats!!!

Parry's said...

How funny. What a ride even without the Harley! That made me laugh. You are a strong woman! Way to go! Libby is darling! I can't wait to see her! Good luck and keep in touch!

Glenda said...

She is so adorable!! Look at that head of hair!! I cant wait to meet her and give you her presents!! Love the story, you riding on a Harley 9 months pregnant! Oh my...you are amazing! Blake running down the mountain in the dark, really nothing different in the adventurous life of Blake!! Congratulations!!!

The Funderburks said...

Wow. She is so cute. I'm glad Blake got to be there for it. I don't think I could go through that without Andy by my side! Yay for healthy Libby (darling name)!

The Howell's said...

BRIANA!!!! You're a mommy!!! Congratulations!!!! She is gorgeous. Glad to hear that everythine went okay. I wish I was there to see her. Keep posting those pictures for us poor folk out in Wyoming. Best wishes!!

Holly said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! WE love all that hair!! I am soooo glad you posted some pictures of the little darling Libby. I have been wanting to see her!! I am so glad you told us the story! I can't believe Blake was camping!! Well now we need to have your shower!! I can't wait to meet her! See you soon. YES it is worth it--even the sleepless nights!

Brooke said...

Liberty is sooo sweet. She's already started to play tricks on her dad. She really should have waited until he took the tylenol p.m - that would have been funnier.

I am so happy for you guys, everytime I think of her my heart just flitters. I can't wait to see her again and give her slobbery kisses, just like Logan. I hope your doing well Briana.
See you on Monday!

Bethers said...

How exciting! Blake is always in a remote place and on the run!!! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her and hold her.

Maeve said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Can't wait to see that petite thing in person.-Maeve

Mama Mia said...

Hi Briana ! I found your blog on my mom's! I loved reading this story about Libby's birth! She is beautiful! I am so glad your little family is doing well!

Johnston Family said...

Congratulations! I love Libby's Birthday story! She is beautiful and I love her name! :)